Are you tired of Twitter direct message overload? I know I am! Thanks to Twitter guru Sean Malarkey (a friend of PowerUP Social Media), there’s now a quick way to get rid of the automatic Twitter direct messages clogging your account forever. And, the great news is, you can get this done in as little as five minutes.
How To Clear Most Automatic Twitter DMs
Yes, there’s a use for Twitter direct messages, but most of them just plain stink. Most people haven’t figured out how to engage their audience with DMs, so they come across as spam. Even worse, spammers are even taking advantage of Twitter direct messages by sending virus filled links (you know what I’m talking about).
The majority of automatic Twitter direct messages come from SocialOomph.com (a very useful tool, but not in this case) and here is a step-by-step process on how you can stop them:
1) Go to http://twitter.com/optmeout and follow the account.
2) A few minutes later you will notice they are following you back.
3) Send a direct message to @optmeout (send anything you want).
4) Go back to http://twitter.com/optmeout and unfollow the account.
5) You’ll receive a Twitter direct message that reads like this:
“Thank you from SocialOomph.com’s opt-out service. Your opt-out has been recorded. You won’t receive further auto DMs. [link]”
Check that one off the list…
I don’t personally receive these next three Twitter direct messages very often, but you might. This is how you can get rid of them for good!
This is home to many of the quizzes and games on the internet (including a Mafia style game). Say farewell to these annoying auto DMs:
1) Click this link –> http://lolquiz.com/optout
2) It will redirect back to Twitter and ask for you to “Allow LOL quiz access”.
3) Simply click the allow button and you’re all set.
This is where many of Twitter’s top polls come from. It’s also another big offender of your direct message inbox. Not anymore…after you do this:
1) Click this link http://pollpigeon.com/optout/
2) Click the “Don’t send me any direct messages” button and you’ll never see another Poll Pigeon DM on your account again!
Twables / FB140
Twables has a bunch of different applications, but the most popular is an app telling your Facebook friends that you’re on Twitter.
After Sean did some serious digging and stumbling across their website, he found a way for you to remove yourself from their list. It’s a one-step process:
1) Click here –> http://www.twables.com/opt
Once you’ve taken these steps, you’re guaranteed to see less Twitter direct messages clogging your account!
We’re here to help you navigate through the crazy social media world. Visit our website and enter your information below for three FREE social media training videos. Take your social network to the next level today!