Have you tried using InfusionSoft for meetings?
We have attempted it a couple of times, but have never been completely satisfied with it. It always felt like we were lacking something…
… but in the last month or so I have put some serious thought into it.
This came about because I won’t have time to manually send the emails to our list this month. Which meant I needed an automated option.
Here’s how we used to handle meetings with InfusionSoft
- Tag people with a meeting tag
- Send a meeting email with a link to RSVP which would add another tag
- Send another email a few days later to those who hadn’t RSVP’d
This system worked, but I had to do it all during the lead up to the meetings. Not that cool.
But now we are using InfusionSoft for our meetings in a new way.
Here how we are using if before the meeting…
- Create a campaign
- Add the timers for the exact times you want to email
- Add emails with the content you want people to see with RSVP links
- Set a “click link” goal to pull people from the campaign if they click a link
- When they RSVP send them to another campaign that has a thank you email.
At the meetings we will be checking people in by adding a tag that says “attended 11/14/15” for members, and “attended first 11/14/15” for first time or non-members.
The cool thing is that the tags added at the meeting will start another campaign that will send another set of emails a couple days after the meeting. One set of emails is for the new people that will be prompted to pay for an annual membership, and make us more money all automated with the InfusionSoft payment cart.
The next month…
Next month I will simply go in and update the campaign, tags, and emails to the next meeting date. It allows me to do all of the work in one shot rather than multiple shots leading up to the meeting at specific times.
And I don’t have to rewrite the emails that are triggered for RSVP’s and first time visitors.
I hope that you find this useful, and if you have any questions please put them in the comments section below.